Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shoe Game: The Supra Society






















The Supra Society is the pro model shoe from Terry Kennedy. Terry is awesome if you didn't know. I would say in the past five or six years, skate shoes have change alot. They have gone from having air bubbles and being very teched out to having vulcanized soles and basically all looking like Vans that came out 30 years ago. I loved the tech shoe era. The original Eric Koston shoe from eS, the Chad Muska shoe from eS, the Rick Howard from DC Shoes, the list goes on. The problem I have now with all of the Vans rip offs is that they all look the same. It has been so boring. You could have more fun getting a tooth pulled. I used to get excited (insert sexual arousal joke here) to see the new shoes in the CCS catalog. I don't even check now. The only brand that stands out right now is Supra. They have the ridiculously popular Skytop from Chad Muska and now the Society. I like the Skytop but my favorite is the Society. I love the straps. I love the absurd height of the shoe too. I dig the all black suede but I just wish the sole was black and like all of the Supra shoes these will eventually come out in more colors than we can count. To me, these don't have quite the staying power as the Eric Koston 1 or the Rick Howard shoe but in the crowded field of look-a-like skate shoes, these stand out for sure.

Supra Footwear

-Get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment