Monday, September 28, 2009

Price Wars: Part 2














Touche Nintendo. Touche. As if almost on que Nintendo drops the price of the Wii to $199.99 to compete with the new PS3 price of $299.99. To me, I just still feel it's too much. What about $174.99. I mean it's a glorified Game Cube for cryin' out loud. Man, I do want to apologize for all of the Nintendo hate. I just get so boiled up about the whole thing. I'm salty like a pretzel at the mall. I had so much hope and expectation for the Wii. Remember when it was called the Revolution? I was retarded enough that I actually thought it was really going to change video games. I thought it might take them to an amazing place that I could have never imagined. I remember one of my first experiences with video games. I had a friend who had a Sega Master System. We played Shinobi. I just remembered thinking how much fun it was and how much more awesome it was going to get. He also had the Light Phaser. Come to think of it. Isn't that all the Wiimote is? A glorified Light Phaser. So really all Nintendo has done has revolutionized games for the worse by repackaging a 20-plus year old experience in a nice shiny case. Is what you use the Wii for now really that much different than the Master System with the Phaser? What do you use your Wii for? I'm bummed it didn't change for the better. The price drop should make for an interesting holiday season. Nintendo will come out on top. I'm done. I'm done.


-I promise no more Nintendo hate for awhile.

-Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment