Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Skate Gear


I love to skateboard. I've loved it for as long as I can remember. I mean we're talking since 1992 when I was in the second grade. These days I'm still a decent skater I guess. I can kickflip and crooked grind like everyone else and on a good day when the stars align just right, I can even crack a fakie 360flip. It was around '95-'96 when it came time to get a new board and ditch my beat Evol, which I had gotten after my Powell-Peralta, I was ready for an Alien Workshop. I loved their designs. I thought the alien on all the boards was freakin' awesome. So I got the board with an alien priest on it. When I broke it I moved on to one of my all time favorites; The Mantis. It was a slick. Remember those? I loved the slick bottom back then. I could roll up and boardslide any curb in Annandale with ease. In 1998 I moved on from Alien Workshop. I had found Shorty's with everyone else. But it wasn't Alien Workshop's fault. It was mine. And while I loved my time riding Shorty's boards I would still check up on the Alien Workshop boards. Like when you break up with someone but you still Facebook stalk them to see what they are doing. You know exactly what I'm talking about too. You creeper. Well with the departure of Peter Smolik and Chad Muska, the Shorty's empire crumbled. I decided to go back to Alien Workshop. I was ready. She accepted me with open arms. We were in love again. I never looked back. The four boards pictured up top are just amazing. I even love the classic Spectrum board with the three aliens. The Moonpop board even has carbon fiber in it. The graphics are on another level when compared to the other skate companies. Except for maybe Habitat, Alien Workshop's sister brand which was started in 2000. Do yourself a favor and check out the best boards for quality and design in skateboarding. They make bangin' shirts too. I'll be there.

Alien Workshop

-This post was posted with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment