Monday, September 28, 2009

Star Ocean: The Last Hope













When the new Star Ocean game was announced I was very excited to say the least. Then when I heard it was being released on the Xbox 360 instead of a Sony platform I was pretty bummed out. As a fan of the series since the second game; Star Ocean: The Second Story, which was the first game to be released in America, I felt like Square-Enix was basically giving me the finger. So it was released in the States on the 360 and I don't think anyone even played it. Square-Enix, my love, had betrayed me. My heart was broken. I moved on. But then Square-Enix called me on the phone. They wouldn't stop sending me text messages. The same company that I told everyone was a bimbo, wanted to get back together. Their peace offering? Star Ocean: The Last Hope International on PS3. Well I said, "Of course I'll take you back," and "No, I never called you a bimbo". Everyone let us celebrate. Now people that might have actually played the first few games in the series will get a chance at this one. So what's the "International" you might ask. In Japan, many games get released again as they were released in America. So the Japanese get an English voice track and some minor gameplay changes. Man, the Japanese game companies really like milking their fans as much as possible. But I guess the fans love it or they wouldn't do it, right? And I know what you're thinking. Why would they want an English voice track? Come on. The voice work these days isn't that bad. Maybe they think the original Japaese voice tack sucks. Think on that for a moment. Anyway, it's scheduled for release on this side of the Globe on February 10, 2010. Oh, and one more thing. Longtime series producer Yoshinori Yamagishi says this is it. He feels he has accomplished everything he set out to do with the series. So let us raise a PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) and hope this one goes out with a bang.

-This post is noticing a strong theme of betrayal.

-I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment